Wednesday, April 8, 2009

If you're going to San Francisco...

I DON'T reccomend using the elevators in China Town.

I was with my two Aunts and three cousins, and we were making our way back to the parking structure where the car was parked.  To get down to the parking structure from the town area, you have to use an elevator, which is located outside near a park.  So we proceed into the elevator, continuing our conversation because there was no one else in the elevator.  The elevator kept making weird noises that I thought nothing of at first.  For any of you who have played Uno Attack, you most likely know the noise of the wheels moving but no cards spitting out.  This usually happens when there are little to no cards left in the machine, are the little wheels are picking up any cards to spit out.  For those of you who haven't played Uno Attack, I highly reccogmend it.  Anyways, that sound is like the noise of the elevator.  After about two minutes in the elevator our conversation died off, and then I heard the noise again.  I took it as the elevator was straining to move but somehow couldn't.  Not good, right?  This is when a panic signal went through my brain and I started freaking out.  All I could think of is how sketchy this whole situation was, complete with the elevator in china town in San Fran at night.  My aunt then said it may be a good idea to start pushing buttons and see if that would help, so I did.  Luckily after a minute of me pushing buttons, the elevator stopped making the dredded noise and we all felt it move.  Of course, after we finally arrived at a floor of the parking garage, it was the wrong floor.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
So everyone got back in the elevator except me who didn't want to go back into the sketchy elevator.  I though what's worse, a sketchy elevator with my family, or a dark, sketchy parking garage in San Francisco at night with people I didn't know.  I decided to take my chances with the sketchy elevator again, and thankfully this time the ride to another floor was smooth.

right after we got out of the elevator


However, the sketchy elevator wasn't the last thing that freaked me out that night.

We decided to get Ghiredelli's ice cream after dinner at chinatown, but the only problem was that my grandma and aunt didn't know exactly how to get there from where we were.  So they were telling my grandpa what streets to turn on that could possibly get us to Ghiredellis.  Well, at one point my grandpa made a wrong turn onto a cable car ONLY street.  It was bad enough that we were on the street, but we were also going the opposite direction the cable cars would be going.  So I start freaking out because the cable cars cant stop so easily on the road, so if one started coming we would most likely be in a car accident.  Then, my grandpa found an entrance to get back to the regular street which was clearly marked with a DO NOT ENTER sign, but he turned into it anyways and ran a red light.  At the next light we had to turn, and my grandpa started to turn during a red light and almost hit a few people who were crossing the street at that time.

You also have to take into account that traffic in San Francisco is horrible.


This is a map that shows the cable car routes just so you can get an idea of the setting.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I just love this story Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i get it heather, you just like it when I get stuck in elevators
    i understand:)

    ReplyDelete